Unofficial game made by fans and featuring Nintendo's characters
- Category Role Playing
- Program license Free
- Version 0.9.0
- Size 11.39 MB
- Works under: Windows 7 / Windows ME / Windows XP / Windows 98 / Windows 98 SE / Windows 8 / Windows 2000
- Program available in English
- Program by Unknown
Instead of running around outside in the heat, rain or snow to catch your favorite character, play Pokemon: Revolution so you can capture all those beloved characters from the comfort of your own home.
Although Pokemon: Revolution was one of the first Pokemon games ever created by Nintendo, it's exciting game play made it a fan favorite. Though the graphics are a little one-dimensional, it will take you right back to your childhood and make you eager to catch them all. You'll even have the chance to train some of the characters you loved from the film or the card game animated series and video games.
The game starts you out as a Pokemon trainer. You select whether you want to play as a boy or girl and then add your name. It lets you customize your trainer in a few ways, including hair color the trainer's outfits. After selecting from the two different worlds that are available, you'll be able to begin your adventure. Most players start on one map and then return to the second map later. There are only a select number of characters who are only available on one of the two maps, and you cannot catch all the Pokemon without eventually visiting both worlds.
Though similar to the original Nintendo game, the computer version does have some problems. The game expects players to have a basic understanding of the original game, and it often moves too quickly; leaving you wondering what you should do. Some players don't like that they can only play this one with their keyboard, and since you cannot use your mouse, you may have problems navigating across the map and making your trainer move.
No matter which map you choose, you'll move through the game and catch Pokemon along the way. You'll also have the chance to interact with other trainers and work with your characters to get them in great shape. Another great feature is that the characters will evolve and learn how to new things, which comes in handy when battling against other trainers in the arena.
Pokemon: Revolution serves as a great blast from the past for longtime fans. However, those players who are new to Pokemon as well as those who played the more modern games in the franchise will likely find this one lacking.
- Recreates the feel of the original game almost exactly
- Features two different maps for more game play
- Comes with all the classic Pokemon characters hidden on both maps
- Allows players to get help and tips from computer generated trainers
- Rudimentary graphics on par with original Nintendo gaming systems
- Requires players to move via the keyboard and not the mouse
- Small screen that you cannot enlarge
- Must complete two separate maps to beat the game, which takes a significant amount of time